Thank you for considering how you can contribute to the ongoing ministry of Immaculate Conception - here in our Parish, in our local community, around our diocese, and beyond.
Contributions can be made to Immaculate Conception Church by:
• Donate Securely On line (by Electronic Check or Credit Card)
• Via our Mobile App
• Give in person at the Sunday Mass Offertory
• Mail a Check to Immaculate Conception, 708 7th Ave, Hendersonville, NC 28791
• Drop off your donation to the Church Office during the week (downstairs near the Chapel)
There are also some creative ways you can give other than by cash, check or online:
• Financial instruments (i.e. stocks, bonds)
• Real property (i.e. land, homes)
• Personal property (i.e. vehicles)
• Other non-financial assets (i.e. carpet, furniture)
• Promises to give in the future (i.e. outlined in trusts, wills)
Donations can be designated for various funds:
• General Church Ministry – Supports our ongoing ministries and operationg activities.
• Diocesan Support Appeal (DSA) – Supports missionaries, seminarians and partnership projects within our Diocese.
• Emergency Needs Fund – Assists those in our church and community who are having current financial difficulty.
• Immaculata School Scholarships – Be a student sponsor for a faith filled education for our school.
• Building Maintenance Fund – Help us to maintain our facility so the things we tend to take for granted (the roof, the heating and cooling, the lights, etc) are in good working order for our various gatherings.
More on Creative Ways to Give
• Stock Gifts
Gifts of property (such as stocks, bonds, and mutual funds) that have increased in value since you have owned them can result in extra tax savings, which allows your money to go further for ministry. If you have held such assets for longer than a year, you can give designate them to Immaculate Conception and deduct the entire market value from your taxable income. In addition to regular tax savings, capital gains tax is not due on assets given to charity. This additional tax savings is the greatest on assets that have increased the most in value and would result in the greatest capital gains, if sold.
Our Diocese will help you facilitate a stock transfer anytime into our brokerage account. If the stock has depreciated in value from its base purchase value, the best step is to sell it, deduct the loss on your taxes, and make a tax-deductible, charitable donation of the proceeds.
• Qualified IRA Charitable Rollover Gifts
Any donor age 70 1/2 or older may rollover up to $100,000 from a traditional IRA to a qualified public charity (Congress has extended this program in the past but has not this year so far). The gift will not be included in the donor’s taxable income and qualifies for the donor’s required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year. Check with your tax advisor regarding your specific situation.
• Estate Giving
Immaculate Conception has benefited greatly from people who choose to leave a financial gift to Immaculate Conception’s ministries in their estate plan. Again, we have qualified experts within our Diocese who can assist you in structuring charitable gift annuities allowing you to leave an asset to the church in the future and still receive current cash flow.